Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tinting your Eyelashes

Every summer the heat rolls in and the land of 10,000 lakes beckons me to jump into every single one of them immediately, without notice, like NOW! I'm not a fan of the "mascara running down face" look but I am a HUGE fan of mascara. So what's a girl to do? Dye those lashes! For the last 4 summers I have been getting my eyelashes "tinted." What is Eye Lash Tinting you ask? I will tell you.  It's an all natural vegetable dye that they apply to your lashes to darken them.  It lasts about 1-2 months (sometimes longer!) costs around $25 and comes in brown, deep black, and blue black.  They can also mix them to make a "brownish black."

BEFORE:  
 I was blessed with very long thick lashes (thanks for those genes dad!) BUT as you can see, they are BLONDE BLONDE! Like, see-through blonde.  When I don't wear mascara I feel like you can't see them at all, which makes me feel a little bit on the "albino" side.
AFTER: 
I usually do brownish black, but this time decided to just go for it and do deep black.  I'm glad I did, I really love the results. I am not wearing ANY mascara or makeup in the above photo, isn't eyelash tinting AMAZING!? I think so! 

Tips/Warnings:

- Before you dye your lashes they really recommend you have the spa do a "trial" which basically means they'll apply the vegetable dye to a tiny section of your lashes to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction to the dye. I did this, and I recommend it, anytime you're doing anything next to your eyes you really can't be too careful!  

- Don't squeeze your eyes too tight when you're getting the dye applied, you really just want to let your eyelids rest so they form the perfect seal and keep all the dye out of your eyes.  Also try not to talk too much, that can open your eyes a tiny bit, and it does sting if the stuff gets in there! 

- I get mine "tinted" at Aurora Spa by Barb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment