Friday, November 21, 2014

Rachael's Restaurant Review - The Mill Northeast

My dear friend Elise and I went to check out The Mill Northeast this week for dinner.  I didn't know what to expect as I hadn't heard of it before, but I was pleasantly surprised! The vibe is upscale hipster, and the food is delicious and generously portioned.  You could easily split an entree or sandwich and be full.  And that, thrifty bits, is always a good thing!

The Mill Northeast-1851 Central Ave NE Minneapolis, MN 55418
Rating - 8 out of 10 
 


I had a cup of mushroom soup which was creamy, savory and had a wonderful depth of flavor to it.  If it's on special when you are there I highly recommend it. 

I followed that up with the Jack Burger (candied bacon, white cheddar, fried egg, lettuce, tomato, onion, and tarragon aioli).  The burger was well cooked, and I love a fried egg on a burger.  I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I think regular bacon would have satisfied my palate better, but for most the combination of sweet and salty will please.

All in all, The Mill Northeast is a welcome addition to Central Ave. and adds a great option for those in the neighborhood who want a slightly more upscale but casual place to grab a drink and a nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment