Monday, November 4, 2013

Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce

I went to an Apple Orchard this fall with some friends and came home with a mountain of apples.  So what to do with all those apples? Make homemade cinnamon applesauce! It's so easy  I almost don't want to tell you, so you can continue to be uber impressed that I made applesauce from scratch!  But lucky you, I'm in a good mood, and will let you in on this secret.

Ingredients:
6 apples peeled, cored and chopped (I used Heraldson Apples)
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4th cup water or apple cider (I had cider on hand from the same orchard trip so I used that)
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon

Place all ingredients in a slowcooker
Heat on high for 3 hours or low for 5

basically heat it until when you put a fork in and stir, the apples fall apart and you have applesauce in front of you.


Done! Now go impress some people with your culinary prowess!

1 comment:

  1. Ok so when I made this, I blended it in a blender after it was cooked and that was a HUGE MISTAKE. It turned into apple glue! Do not make my mistake, people, Thanks Rachael!

    ReplyDelete