Monday, July 1, 2013

Bookshelf it!

I live in a pretty small apartment with a pretty big guy and a pretty sassy cat. As we accumulate more and more stuff, our apartment gets smaller and smaller, but I've found that one thing helps more than anything else in every room of our apartment. BOOKSHELVES. They're not just for books anymore. Check this.


Shoes! This bookshelf is right in the doorway of my apartment. Tom gets the bottom four for his shoes, I get the top four for my shoes, hats, mittens, umbrella, etc. Before I put this in our doorway, our shoes spilled out into the hallway, living room, and front porch room. It was madness I tell you.
Shoe! Madness!


Office supplies! I use this bookshelf next to my desk to house my ukulele, binders, extra old computers, and every kind of electronic chord known to man. This one is kind of obvious, but it made a huge difference to my work area. And it helped separate me from fricking Nerf-land over there.
 

TUPPERWARE! Ok this isn't technically a bookshelf, but I am sort of a tupperware fiend and they all fit nicely here in this shelf under the window. And I keep my canvass grocery bags underneath that stool in the corner. Before this stool, they could not be contained. 


DISHES! When I realized I could store cups, tea supplies, cereal, AND
recycling in one bookshelf, it was a happy day. A happy day indeed. 


CLOTHES! The bookshelf to the right is filled with my t-shirts, socks, pants, and unmentionables. Before this I tried to shove them into my tiny closet and into these small drawers to the left. Nuh uh, girl. It did not work.


And, of course, BOOKS! But you know that anyway. I arranged these three cascading shelves so they nest right underneath the bar table in my hallway. Out of the way, and so much prettier to look at than a white wall.


Also here's just a tip. I really needed small containers to separate my makeup into, and my favorite thing to use is both sides of a travel soap container. They're shallow and durable AND really cheap. Yay.


Ok thanks for diving into the wonderful world of bookshelves with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment